Last Updated: December 15, 2022
J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“J.B. Hunt,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) take your privacy seriously, so we want you to know how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information.
- What information we collect about you
- How we use the information we collect about you
- How we may share information about you
- How we protect the information we collect
- How to update or correct your personal information
The Information We Collect About You
Information You Provide to Us or Authorize Us to Receive
We collect information that you voluntarily share with us or permit us to receive. For example, when you create an account, request a quote, seek product details, or use the Site’s products and services, the information we collect from you on the Site may include, among other data:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your fax number
- Your address
- Your organization
- Your customer number
- Your rep group
- Information that you enter, in narrative form, into request forms, live customer service chats, or inquiries or other communications submitted by email
- Your username and password for your account
- U.S. Department of Transportation Number
- FMCSA Operating Authority Number (MC Number)
- Additional account profile information, such as preferred language
- When using the J.B. Hunt 360°® applications, (a) the user logged into the application, (b) order number, (c) whether tracking is enabled (and if tracking is turned off, when it was turned off), and (d) latitude and longitude position data of loads at 15-minute intervals (while loads are active)
- With respect to the J.B. Hunt DRIVE mobile application, location information necessary (a) to determine the speed of the mobile device, (b) to capture the location of a maintenance service request, and (c) to track the location of certain loads and photographs taken while using the application
Surveys and Contests
From time-to-time, our Site may request information in order for you to participate in surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys and contests is completely voluntary; you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore whether to disclose the requested information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code or age level). For contests, contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes, and may be used for other purposes, if specified. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this Site and J.B. Hunt services. J.B. Hunt may use third-party services to administer surveys through the Site or through links to external websites or applications. Your participation in surveys administered by third parties is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third parties.
Information We Collect Through Technology
We collect information through technology to enhance our ability to serve you. For example, when you visit the Site, we may collect your domain name, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser version, operating system, and the website you passed through to reach our Site. In addition, our Site gathers certain usage information like the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Site and its areas, activity levels, most used browsers, and other useful statistics similar to the television ratings which tell how many people tuned into a program.
Depending on the browser you use, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time certain Cookies are used, or you can choose to turn off certain Cookies by adjusting your browser settings. Like other websites, if you turn off certain Cookies, some of the features on the Site may not function properly.
In addition, please also visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, Network Advertising Initiative, and Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada to learn more about Cookies used for interest-based advertising by third parties, and the choices you have to opt out of such Cookies.
Google Analytics, Facebook, and Other Third Parties
We may collect your unique device identification, advertising identifier, user identification, and other persistent identifiers (collectively, “Device ID”) to evaluate and improve software functionality, for J.B. Hunt’s internal business purposes (including but not limited to business analytics, sales, marketing, and recruiting), and in certain cases, to serve advertising.
Your ‘Do Not Track’ Browser Setting
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a preference you can set in your browser’s settings to let the websites you visit know that you do not want the websites collecting your personal information. Our Site does not currently respond to DNT browser settings across all pages and features of the Site. We will not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, regardless of whether you choose the DNT browser preference. However, we may use trusted third-party tools to analyze website usage, monitor performance, and prevent fraud. These tools may collect personal information about you or your online activities at this Site or across different sites over time by using Cookies or by any other means.
We may also use aggregated data to improve business efficiencies, our Site, and related services to you.
Links to and Plug-Ins from Other Websites or Media
How We Use the Information We Collect About You
We use the information we collect about you to serve you and improve your experience at the Site. Some examples include the following:
- Responding to your requests
- Processing your orders
- Conducting research and analysis
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Conducting contests and surveys
- Continuously evaluating and improving customer service and our online user experience
We may also use aggregated data to improve business efficiencies, our Site, and related services to you.
How We Protect the Information We Collect
The security and confidentiality of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure and improper use. For example, we use 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to protect the data collection forms on the Site. In addition, access to your personal information is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to personal information. All employees with access to personal information are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. After a new policy is added, these employees are notified and/or reminded about the importance we place on privacy, and what they can do to enhance protection for our customers' personal information. In addition, the servers that we use to store personal information are kept in a secure, restricted access area.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer and to your account. Be sure to log out of your account or to close your browser after you have completed your visit to our Site.
Please note that despite our reasonable efforts, no security measure is ever perfect, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Site, products, and services are all directed to people who are over the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use this Site.
Ownership of Information and Materials You Voluntarily Submit to Us Via the Site
Except as otherwise provided in any Terms and Conditions applicable to the Site, we are the sole owners of any information that you submit through the Site, and any photos, documents, works of authorship, or other items (“Contributed Materials”) that you voluntarily provide to us through the Site. We are not obliged to return any Contributed Materials to the person contributing them. We reserve the right to delete, modify, or create derivative works based on Contributed Materials prior to using them on the Site or for other purposes except where prohibited by copyright laws. Minors (someone under the age of 18) should not submit any Contributed Materials without the prior consent of their parent or legal guardian.
Biometric Data Security
We recognize the need to maintain the confidentiality of Biometric Data (as defined below) and understands that such data is unique to each individual. Biometric Data may be collected from various individuals performing tasks for us or on our behalf, including employees and independent contractors. Our requirements for the security, storage, and protection of such information by us and our approved vendors, both on and off work premises, are set forth below.
For purposes of this policy, the following definitions apply:
- “Biometric Identifier” means a fingerprint, voiceprint, retina or iris scan, or scan of hand or face geometry. Biometric Identifiers do not include:
- Writing samples, written signatures, photographs, human biological samples used for valid scientific testing or screening, demographic data, tattoo descriptions, or physical descriptions such as height, weight, hair color, or eye color.
- Information captured from a patient in a health care setting or information collected, used, or stored for health care treatment, payment, or operations under the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.
- An X-ray, MRI, PET scan, mammography, or other image or film of the human anatomy used to diagnose or treat an illness or other medical condition or to further validate scientific testing or screening.
- “Biometric Information” means any information, regardless of how it is captured, converted, stored, or shared, based on an individual’s Biometric Identifier used to identify an individual. Biometric Information does not include information derived from items or procedures excluded under the definition of Biometric Identifier.
- “Biometric Data” refers collectively to all Biometric Identifiers and Biometric Information.
Restrictions on the Acquisition of Biometric Data
We will not capture, collect, or otherwise obtain a person’s Biometric Data without first providing notice and obtaining consent. We will capture, collect or otherwise obtain a person’s Biometric Data only when we have a legitimate business purpose for doing so.
Prohibition on the Sale of Biometric Data
We will not sell, lease, trade or otherwise profit from a person’s Biometric Data.
Restrictions on Disclosure of Biometric Data
- We will not disclose or otherwise disseminate a person’s Biometric Data unless:
- The subject of the Biometric Data, or that person’s legally authorized representative, consents to the disclosure;
- The disclosure completes a financial transaction requested or authorized by the subject of the Biometric Data or that person’s legally authorized representative;
- The disclosure is required by state or federal law or municipal ordinance; or
- The disclosure is required pursuant to a valid warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Security for Biometric Data
Biometric Data in electronic form will be secured when in storage and in transmission. Paper documents containing Biometric Data, when unattended, will be stored in a locked filing cabinet, storage area, or office. Only employees with a legitimate business need may access Biometric Data. Authorized employees should avoid creating paper documents containing Biometric Data whenever possible. No employee may disclose Biometric Data to any third party without prior authorization by the People Compliance Department and Data Privacy Office.
Retention of Biometric Data
We will retain Biometric Data only until the initial purpose for collecting or obtaining the Biometric Data has been satisfied, a period not to exceed three (3) years after the person’s last interaction with us. We will suspend the destruction of Biometric Data when necessary to satisfy our duty to preserve information that would be discoverable in litigation.
Destruction of Biometric Data
Paper documents containing Biometric Data will be shredded or burned. Biometric Data in electronic form will be destroyed in a manner that renders the information irretrievable. Our People Team and Engineering and Technology department shall be responsible for destruction of such information at the completion of the retention period described above.
All Contents Copyright © 2022, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc. and J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. All rights reserved. All text, images, graphics, animation, videos, music, sounds and other materials on the Site are subject to the copyrights and other intellectual property rights of J.B. Hunt. J.B. Hunt owns the copyrights in the selection, coordination and arrangement of the materials on this site. These materials may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these materials be modified or reposted to other sites.
Have a Question or Want to Update or Correct Your Personal Information?
Our mailing address is:
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc.
P. O. Box 130
Lowell, AR 72745
Attn: Data Privacy Office
We can also be reached at IP3@jbhunt.com or by telephone at 1-833-710-4980.