Introducing Electronic Bill of Lading in Carrier 360
As we all navigate a “new normal” and learning to be mindful of contact with others, carriers and shippers are finding new ways of operating to keep themselves and their teams safe and healthy while providing essential services.
The new electronic bill of lading (e-BOL) feature in Carrier 360 mobile aims to help carriers and receivers reduce contact during deliveries. Utilizing the existing document upload feature, this simple new process allows a receiver to electronically sign the bill of lading.
Here’s How it Works
- Upload your BOL from the shipper to your load documents under the “My Loads” tab or by searching for the load number in Carrier 360 – once uploaded, allow up to one hour for document processing
- After the BOL is uploaded and indexed, an “Electronic Signature” button will appear in the “Documents” tab for the load
- Enter the arrival and departure times for the delivery, select “Email” or “QR Code”. If selecting “Email”, enter the email address of the receiver and click “Continue”
- If you selected “Email”, J.B. Hunt will generate and send an email to the address provided with a link to electronically sign the BOL
- If you selected “QR Code”, a QR code will appear on the screen. The receiver can scan the code using their device (or type in the temporary URL) and electronically sign the document
- Once the signature is submitted, the “Electronic Signature” button will no longer be available
For specific step-by-step directions on how to use the e-BOL for carriers, click here to watch a video.
Not a Carrier 360 user yet? Create your free account to get the tools you need to keep your business moving.