Rail Gate Restrictions Disrupt Intermodal Service
The rail network continues to work through ongoing ramp congestion, labor challenges and equipment imbalances. With continued congestion in Chicago, Ill., effective immediately, BNSF has implemented new gate restrictions on inbound shipments from Seattle, Wash., and Portland, Ore. Below is a summary of current rail gate restrictions and closures impacting J.B. Hunt and its customers.
Current gate restrictions:
- BNSF Seattle, Wash. to Chicago/Cicero, Ill.
- BNSF Portland, Ore. to Chicago/Cicero, Ill.
- All NS origin points to Jacksonville, Fla.
- NS Jacksonville, Fla. to all destination points
Current gate closures:
- NS Croxton, N.J. to KCS Dallas/Wylie, Texas
- NS Rutherford, Pa. to KCS Dallas/Wylie, Texas
Customers can help improve network fluidity by accepting deliveries within 24 hours of deramp and unloading dropped containers within 24 hours of arrival. With a vast network of service offerings, J.B. Hunt can provide highway solutions to mitigate these intermodal disruptions. A representative will communicate load specific delays along with alternative routing options.
J.B. Hunt will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become available. Customer service is extremely important to J.B. Hunt, and we apologize for the inconvenience these service interruptions have caused.