Rail Gate Closures and Restrictions Disrupt Intermodal Service
The rail network continues to work through ongoing ramp congestion, labor challenges and car imbalances. As a result of current congestion levels, BNSF has implemented gate closures from Chicago, IL, and Alliance, TX, to Phoenix, AZ, while NS has implemented gate restrictions to Jacksonville, FL. Below is a summary of current rail gate closures and restrictions impacting J.B. Hunt and its customers.
Current gate closures - All traffic will be impacted in these lanes:
- BNSF Chicago/Corwith/Willow Springs, IL, to Phoenix, AZ
- BNSF Alliance, TX, to Phoenix, AZ
Current gate restrictions - All traffic will be impacted in these lanes:
- All NS origin points to Jacksonville, FL
- NS Chicago/Calumet, IL, to Austell, GA
- NS Chicago/Calumet, IL, to Charlotte, NC
- NS Chicago/47th Street, IL, to Mechanicville/Albany, NY
- NS Chicago/47th Street, IL, to Ayer, MA
Customers can help improve network fluidity by accepting deliveries within 24 hours of deramp and unloading dropped containers within 24 hours of arrival. With a vast network of service offerings, J.B. Hunt can provide highway solutions to mitigate these intermodal disruptions. A representative will communicate load specific delays along with alternative routing options.
J.B. Hunt will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become available. Customer service is extremely important to J.B. Hunt, and we apologize for the inconvenience these service interruptions have caused.