Rail Gate Restrictions Disrupt Intermodal Service
The rail network continues to work through ongoing ramp congestion, labor challenges and car imbalances. With progress in the East, NS has eased gate restrictions across their network. However, effective today, BNSF has implemented new gate restrictions at its Seattle, WA ramp due to congestion from a construction project. Below is a summary of current rail gate restrictions impacting J.B. Hunt and its customers.
Current gate restrictions – Standard traffic will be impacted in these lanes:
- BNSF Seattle, WA to all destinations
- NS Croxton, NJ to all destinations
- All NS origin points to Croxton, NJ
- All NS origin points to Jacksonville, FL
- NS Chicago/Calumet, IL to Atlanta/Austell, GA
- NS Chicago/Calumet, IL to Charlotte, NC
- NS Kansas City, MO to all destinations
- All NS origin points to Kansas City, MO
Customers can help improve network fluidity by accepting deliveries within 24 hours of deramp and unloading dropped containers within 24 hours of arrival. With a vast network of service offerings, J.B. Hunt can provide highway solutions to mitigate these intermodal disruptions. A representative will communicate load specific delays, along with alternative routing options.
J.B. Hunt will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become available. Customer service is extremely important to J.B. Hunt, and we apologize for the inconvenience these service interruptions have caused.