Hurricane Ida Intermodal Update | J.B. Hunt
After Hurricane Ida disrupted rail operations in the Northeast last week, Norfolk Southern has reopened all gates to and from Morrisville, PA; Croxton, NJ; and Elizabeth, NJ. However, ingate restrictions remain in place as NS continues to work through ramp congestion, labor challenges, and car imbalances. Below is a summary of current rail gate restrictions impacting J.B. Hunt and its customers.
Current gate restrictions - Standard traffic will be impacted in these lanes:
- NS Croxton, NJ to all destinations
- All NS origin points to Croxton, NJ
- All NS origin points to Jacksonville, FL
- NS Chicago/Calumet, IL to Atlanta/Austell, GA
- NS Chicago/Calumet, IL to Charlotte, NC
- NS Kansas City, MO to all destinations
- All NS origin points to Kansas City, MO
With a vast network of service offerings, J.B. Hunt can provide highway solutions to mitigate these intermodal disruptions. A representative will communicate load specific delays along with alternative routing options.
J.B. Hunt will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become available. Customer service is extremely important to J.B. Hunt, and we apologize for the inconvenience these service interruptions have caused.