Hurricane Ida Disrupts Intermodal Service | J.B. Hunt
Hurricane Ida has disrupted rail operations in and out of Norfolk Southern’s intermodal facilities in Morrisville, PA; Croxton, NJ; and Elizabeth, NJ. Due to the severity of the flooding, NS is closing ingates at these terminals effective immediately. Ingates at all NS origin points to these terminals will also be closed immediately. Consequently, these closures will limit J.B. Hunt’s ability to pick up shipments ingating on other railroads destined to the affected NS terminals. Outgates at Morrisville, PA; Croxton, NJ; and Elizabeth, NJ remain open. Below is a summary of current rail gate closures and restrictions impacting J.B. Hunt and its customers
Hurricane Ida gate closures – All traffic will be impacted in these lanes:
- NS Morrisville, PA; Croxton, NJ; and Elizabeth, NJ to all destinations
- All NS origin points to Morrisville, PA; Croxton, NJ; and Elizabeth, NJ
Current gate restrictions – All traffic will be impacted in these lanes:
- All NS origin points to Jacksonville, FL
- NS Chicago/Calumet, IL to Atlanta/Austell, GA and Charlotte, NC
- NS Kansas City, MO to all destinations
- All NS origin points to NS Kansas City, MO
With a vast network of service offerings, J.B. Hunt can provide highway solutions to mitigate these intermodal disruptions. A representative will communicate load specific delays, along with alternative routing options.
J.B. Hunt will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become available. Customer service is extremely important to J.B. Hunt, and we apologize for the inconvenience these service interruptions have caused.