Rail Gate Closures and Restrictions Disrupt Intermodal Service
The rail network continues to recover from the recent service interruptions and resulting car imbalances. Consequently, J.B. Hunt has received several new gate closure updates that are effective immediately. CSX gates at North Bergen, NJ have reopened to Indianapolis, IN. BNSF gates in Northwest Ohio have also reopened to all destinations. Unfortunately, BNSF gates in Atlanta/Fairburn, GA have closed again to all destinations.
As the railroads work through the volume surges and rail car imbalances caused by the recent service interruptions, gate closures and restrictions are necessary to expedite the recovery and avoid more severe ramp congestion. Below is a summary of all rail gate closures and restrictions currently impacting J.B. Hunt and its customers. Unless indicated otherwise, these restrictions are expected to limit J.B. Hunt’s ability to pick up shipments through at least Friday, March 12.
All Standard traffic will be impacted in these lanes:
- BNSF Los Angeles, CA (Hobart and Commerce) to all destinations – Ingate restrictions
- BNSF Atlanta/Fairburn, GA to all destinations – Ingate closure
- NS Chicago/Calumet, IL to all destinations – Ingate restrictions
- NS Jacksonville, FL to Chicago/Landers, IL – Ingate closure
- NS Chicago/Landers, IL; Kansas City, MO; and St. Louis, MO to Jacksonville, FL – Ingate closure
With a vast network of service offerings, J.B. Hunt can provide highway solutions to mitigate these intermodal disruptions. A representative will communicate load specific delays along with alternative routing options.
J.B. Hunt will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become available. Customer service is extremely important to J.B. Hunt, and we apologize for the inconvenience these service interruptions have caused.